The LCA's Principles, Aims and ProposalsPrinciples
- We believe the use of cannabis ought to be a matter of choice
and not of law.
- We believe that the prohibition of cannabis is against the public
- We believe that the prohibition of cannabis contravenes Human
- We believe that the prohibition of cannabis inhibits the use
of a beneficial resource.
- We believe that the legalisation of cannabis is a very important
step that should be taken to benefit the people and their environment.
- To hasten the full legalisation and utilisation of the cannabis
plant for the good of the peoples of this world, on a local, national
and international level.
- To secure the release of all prisoners convicted only of cannabis
offences and to ensure that all criminal records for cannabis
offences are expunged.
- To encourage public and private research into the many beneficial
uses of cannabis including industrial, social and medical uses
for the good of the people.
- To halt all criminal prosecutions for the use of cannabis as
a social or private relaxant including its uses as a sacrament
or in religious or other ritual.
- To provide a voice for those in society persecuted and prosecuted
for cannabis activities which victimise none.
- That cannabis and cannabis products should be removed from the
UK Misuse of Drugs Act, thereby being legalised.
- That the possession, cultivation and use of pure cannabis and
cannabis products be free from prosecution.
- That cannabis be re-introduced into our society.
- That high priority be given to the cultivation of cannabis for
the express purpose of the localised production of virtually cost-free
fuels through the process of pyrolysis on cannabis biomass, and
as a source of fibre and hurd.
- That provision be made to enable the setting up of public establishments
where the use of cannabis is permitted.
- That provision be made to enable the setting up of outlets for
the legal supply of cannabis.
- That at least the same level of protection be given to the cannabis
consumer as is given to the consumers of other commodities: weights
and measures, quality etc.
- That all prisoners presently held only on cannabis convictions
or charges be released from custody without delay and that all
criminal records for cannabis offences be expunged.
Endorse These Aims
the Party Constitution